Project Engineer (Full-Time)
Salary: To be determined based on knowledge and experience.
Silver Star Metal Fabricating Inc. in Mississauga is a high-end custom metal fabricator that has been in business since 1984. We specialize in stainless steel products such as counter tops, backsplashes, sinks, cabinets, baseboards, wall protection, service carts, pedestals, trims, wall panels, metal cladding, etc.
The position will involve complete management of projects from beginning to end. As a project engineer you will join a design team as well as working along with general management and be responsible for a portion of projects at the organization. Responsibilities will include: Working with customers, Researching, Quoting, Designing, Drawing (CAD/CAM, Sketch), Delegating Tasks, Training, and Scheduling. Must have experience with metal fabricating – knowledge of machinery, metals, gauges, finishes, cutting, forming, punching, welding, polishing, etc. Must be a team player with good communication skills that is capable of high quality work with minimal supervision. Silver Star Metal Fabricating primarily fabricates custom high quality stainless steel products so precision is paramount.
Education (or Equivalent Work Experience):
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng)
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma
- Minimum 2 years experience in custom metal fabricating.
- Must be familiar with Fabricating Tools, Equipment, & Machinery – Laser, Punch, Press Brake, Shear, TIG Welder, Polishing, Circular Saw, Horizontal Band Saw, Vertical Band Saw, Lathe, Surface Grinder, Plate Roller, Angle/Tube Roller, Spot Welder, and Drill Press.
- Must have experience working with metals such a stainless steel (304, 316, 430), steel, and aluminum.
- Must be responsible, precise, and have a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Must be a team player capable of collaborating with others.
- Must have experience creating shop drawings – AutoCAD / SolidWorks / Dr. Abe.
- Must have knowledge of bend deductions, bend allowances, sheet metal gauges, metal types, metal finishes, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills. The position will require daily interaction with customers.
- Experience with Amada machinery is an asset.
- AutoCAD / SolidWorks
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Microsoft Windows
- A self-motivated team player with superb leadership skills.
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and oral.
- Capable of maintaining high quality results with consideration of timing and expenses.
- Able to juggle multiple jobs and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good attention to details.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxes will be accepted.